capable of polar exploration.
Based in Reykjavík, Iceland, Arctic Trucks operates worldwide with 5 production facilities in Europe and our new facility in Cheyenne, WY. We offer an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K and paid vacation.
Arctic Trucks seeks an experienced Lead Fabricator with a passion for all things automotive. The successful candidate will be a hands-on fabricator, lead, and mentor for the growing team in Cheyenne.
- Lead and mentor Welder/Fabricators and other Production employees
- Use common metal fabrication techniques to modify vehicle body and chassis parts
- Fabricate and modify metal, plastic and fiberglass components to support vehicle builds
- Disassemble and reassemble vehicle body, chassis and driveline component
- Assist Production Manager with scheduling and the development of Standard Work for all operations
- Assist Production Manager with issue resolution and performance management
- Work with Engineering team to define, develop and implement manufacturing and product improvement projects.
- High school diploma and vocational school training or certificate
- 5+ years of experience in automotive or related fabrication
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and execute designs with accuracy
- Experience with cutting, forming, welding and finishing metal from thin sheet up to structural chassis and suspension parts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize a varied workload
- Ability to follow procedures, build instructions, checklists and related documents to ensure standardized production
- Maintain excellent attendance and be able to work overtime/weekends as needed
- Must have a valid Passport or be able to obtain a Passport for international travel
- Travel requirements – up to 10%
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Arctic Trucks North America!